U.S. Anti-Doping Agency Announces Final Testing Numbers for 2006

February 9, 2007 The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) administered a total of 8,421 doping control tests in 2006, including 7,856 domestic tests, USADA Chief Executive Officer Terry Madden announced today.  Out-of-Competition (OOC) testing comprised 59 percent (4,666) of USADA’s 2006 domestic tests.  The 3,190 In-Competition (IC) tests accounted for the remaining 41 percent of USADA’s…

U.S. Cycling Athlete Accepts Eight-Year Suspension for Doping Violation

February 2, 2007 The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) announced today that Stephen Alfred of Capitola, Calif., an athlete in the sport of cycling, accepted an eight-year suspension after testing positive for exogenous testosterone or its precursors and for human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG). Alfred, 39, tested positive for exogenous testosterone or its precursors and for…