Los Angeles, California – August 2003
The purpose of the 2nd Annual USADA Symposium on Anti-Doping Science was to discuss the use of GC-C-IRMS in the identification of exogenous substances entering the native metabolic pool.
- Discuss the science supporting detection of use of “endogenous” steroids in doping;
- Discuss a strategy to optimally use GCC IRMS in doping control;
- Develop a research agenda and timeline to support the science or legal aspects of testing;
- Deliberate the potential for developing a uniform testing scheme; and
- Develop a plan to harmonize laboratory performance and reporting (including documentation packages).